Wednesday 5 September 2012

Gone fishing...

My eagerly awaited clear ABS sample arrived today! First thing I thought was they had sent me fishing line! The filament is very smooth and seems like it is of  high quality. Measured filament thickness was a very consistant 1.74mm. It was also packaged nicely in a vacuum sealed foil bag.

So how does it print ? It appears to print very well. I've only printed a tornado shaped object, but it came out well with no bubbles and quite transparent. The other thing I noticed was its strength. I'll need to print the same thing in a colour to do a true A/B test, but the walls seemed unusually strong for 0.8mm

How it came.




The fishing line.


The first print.



Transparency.





1 comment:

  1. I really like we have bookmarked your internet blog for brand new things to check out email on the highway. Excellent Job i really enjoyed reading your post thanks for sharing.

    Roatan Fishing

    ReplyDelete